Making Overcomers and Restoring Community
Solutions Academy is a comprehensive 700-day vocational program that prepares families for lifelong success through career pathways, work experience, leadership training, family management skills, teamwork, financial literacy, personal development, accountability and connection.
Have You Struggled With?
- Personal addiction & alcoholism
- Suffered trauma, abuse, or domestic violence
- A family history of addiction, alcoholism, and abuse
- Generational poverty
- Toxic or codependent relationships
- Lack of education or work history
- History of unemployment
- Loss of family, friends, children
- Loss of housing
Do You Hope For?
- Stability and Safety for self and family
- Reunification with your family
- A supportive community that promotes sobriety, safety, and personal wellness
- Education to retain competitive employment
- Independence from bad relationships and programs that keep you down
- Ability to provide for self and family
- Peace and freedom
- No fear of what tomorrow brings
- Empathetic peers with lived experience to help guide your journey
Solutions for Change is a results-driven, accountability-based approach to create Overcomers and restore community. We have graduated over 1300 parents and supported 2800 children by equipping, inspiring and empowering them to break the societal chain of dependency, poverty, and pain. We perform these services through 3 unique enterprises: Solutions Academy (personal development), Solutions Enterprises (workforce development), and Solutions in the Community (community engagement and restoration).
Skills, Knowledge, and Resources
Solutions Academy is a 700 – Day vocational school that combines education, vocational training, peer support, a therapeutic community, real love compassion, customization, and accountability, wrapped in a model of Servant Leadership.
Solutions Academy is free of charge to families accepted into the program with an approximate scholarship value of $60,000 in education, employment training, coaching, and housing costs. All scholarships are underwritten by private donations, foundation grants, corporate contributions and faith-based support. The community has invested in each student and their family to achieve their full potential and overcome their vulnerabilities.
Enhancing skills for self-sufficiency: financial literacy, parenting, leadership, anger management and more.
Connecting residents to job skills and opportunities for long-term employment and financial stability.
The renewal of families’ physical health, equipping them to be healthy members of their community.
Youth & Teen Programs
A safe and supportive environment for children, with academic and emotional support to overcome past hardships.
Counseling & Mental Health
One-on-one counseling and mental illness supports, targeting the root causes of each family’s homelessness.
Supportive housing for families where they can build skills needed to solve their families’ homelessness.
Ending Generational Poverty
Solutions for Change breaks The Churn of homelessness and poverty for future generations. Families entering our program secure employment, finish their education, and maintain stable housing where children can focus on their education without the worries of homelessness. The children of families at Solutions for Change finish high school, go to college and learn the value of hard work and determination.
How It Works
Step One: Get to Know Us and Be Inspired
Step Two: Apply for Solutions Academy
● Review Solutions Academy Informational Packet
● Complete and Submit an Application
● Call our front desk for questions and more information 760-941-6545 ext 301
● Fax # 760-295-6027 your application (Please call and confirm that the application is received and to schedule a screening appointment. This is the applicants responsibility to schedule.)
Get ready to…
- Acknowledge your ability for success
- Commit to your transformation
- Redesign your future for you and your family
- Break the generational cycle of poverty and dependency
* A portion of funding for Employee Related Training is provided by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). USDA is an equal opportunity provider, Employer, and Lender.
An Academy Student's Journey
Healing & Retreat
● Group classes
● Bond with Solutions staff and cohort
● Therapeutic activities: meditation, journaling, fitness, art therapy
● Complete your prerequisites
● Get your peer coach
● Get a sponsor
● Create a personalized success plan
New Beginnings 1
● Prep for Success Classes: motivation, self-management, creating a support system
● Step Study
● Financial literacy: Intro to budgeting
● Intro to Servant Leadership
● Activities: Individual coaching, group & recovery classes, prerequisites
New Beginnings 2
● 101-Better Boundaries
● 101 - Financial Literacy
● 101 - Parenting
● 101 - Workforce Development
● 101- Health & Fitness:
● 101 - Servant Leadership
● 101- Relapse Prevention
● 101- Communications
● 201 - Financial literacy
● 201 - CODA
● 201 - Empowerment classes
● 201 - Emotional Intelligence
● 201- AOD
● 201 - Health & Fitness
● 201- Communications
● 201- Parenting
● Servant Leadership
● Workforce development
● Activities: Individual coaching, employment training, group & recovery classes, finalize career plan and education (GED)
Solutions For Living 1 & 2
Solutions For Living 1
● 301- Personal Development
● 301- New Socialization
● 301- Health & Fitness
● 301- Financial Management
● 301- Family Leadership
● 301- Career Planning
● 301- Professional Development
● Activities: Job search, employment, community projects, coaching, groups
Solutions For Living 2
● 401- Giving Back - Community Service
● 401- Staying out of the Comfort Zone
● 401- Mental Health and Spiritual Wellness
● 401- Financial Stability
● 401- As We Grow Together
● 401- More than a Job
● 401- Connect with the CEO - Career paths
● 401- Advanced Serve to Solve Project -
● Activities: Post grad housing secured, Graduate program application, coaching, community projects