Solutions founder and executive director Chris Megison was named CEO of the Year at the June 16 Heroes of Vista event.
The fundraiser, which benefitted the Vista Education Foundation, was organized by the foundation and the Vista Chamber of Commerce. It was the inaugural event of what the sponsors hope will become an annual tradition.
The award was accepted on Chris’ behalf by his brother Patrick, who said, “There are two real heroes: the families working so hard to permanently solve their homelessness, and YOU—the community that is making this possible with your support, encouragement, and personal participation.
“Vista is the community that cares. You are leading the way in meeting and beating one of society’s greatest challenges. On behalf of my brother and all those you’re helping, thank you.”
In choosing to honor Chris, and by extension Tammy Megison, the organizations cited the accomplishments of Solutions for Change in creating and building Solutions University and a program that is succeeding every day at providing families a permanent solution to their homelessness.
Others honored at the community event included:
- Anne Fennell, arts educator of the year
- Jorge Hirmas, technology educator of the year
- Cheryl Depies, scholarships educator of the year
- Joyce Bales, education leadership award
- Kelcey Sass, firefighter of the year
- Andy Julian, officer of the year
- Master Sgt. Tim Corrigan, combat veteran of the year
- Logo Expressions Inc., small business of the year
- Datron World Communications, large business of the year
- Mother Earth Brewing Co., emerging business of the year
- Paul Eckert, lifetime achievement award.
“For a community to thrive, it takes us all working together,” said Vista Education Foundation president Brad Peterson, reflecting perfectly the spirit and concept behind Solutions for Change.